VGA Service Offerings Vanguard Global Associates LLC (VGA) is a network of consultants experienced in consumer product development, safety evaluation, claims support, and regulatory compliance for the food, personal care, medical device, and pharmaceutical industries. Dr. Sandy Bigelow serves as the principal for providing consulting services for clients. Areas of specialized services include product development and formulation and contract manufacture, active ingredient selection and purchase, safety of products and ingredients, regulatory compliance, litigation support, and scientific and marketing support of marketing claims.
Starting in 1987, VGA has been helping our clients make get their products on the market faster saving them time and money–and helping their clients keep their products on the market, avoiding pitfalls and dead ends during product development and commercialization. We have served small start-up clients and large multi-national corporations by providing insights and our experience offers options that focuses work towards commercialization of healthier foods nutritionals and safer drugs and medical devices. Bottom line: experienced consultants increase returns, reduce uncertainty, and cut costs by getting to market faster.
These are some of the major projects completed for our clients:
- Evaluated the safety of novel ingredients for use in functional foods and new chemical entities for use in pharmaceutical products.
- Assessed the functionality of selected ingredients for specific applications in food products.
- Provided safety and regulatory support for spinal implant medical devices, including device registration and listing, 510(k) preparations and submission, QSR/MDR compliance.
- Prepared GRAS determinations for over 50 substances used in food and dietary supplements commercialized in the U.S. market.
- Developed decision trees for testing the safety of ingredients used in personal care, fabric care, and wastewater treatment.
- Provided product development and marketing support for clinically-tested weight loss products for direct sales company.
- Substantiated the labeling claims for food and supplement products intended for broadcast on network television advertisements.
- Assured label compliance for food products exported to more than 80 countries worldwide.
- Established and administered scientific and medical advisory boards with membership with expertise in a wide variety of disciplines including, medicine, life sciences, marketing, business development, accounting, corporate law, and patent law.
- Optimized an innovation environment by integrating two formulation laboratories, a quality analytical laboratory, and a pilot lab with the corporate supply chain, and thus making a more effective R&D team of greater value to the client.
- Assisted defense attorneys in litigation involving the safety and regulatory disposition of a series of dietary supplement products.
- Assisted attorneys in determining blood levels associated with impairment in an individual who smoked cannabis.
Please contact us at 908-472-9633, or feel free to email [email protected]